Download your preferred copy of PHPUnit from http://pear.phpunit.de/get/
Extract the folder, placing the folder PHPUnit in /Applications/MAMP/bin/PHP5/lib/php
Open the file PHPUnit/Util/Fileloader.php and replace all instances of
Get the file pear-phpunit from the extracted folder and place it in usr/local/bin
- Open the finder
- Select Go->to folder
- enter usr/local/bin in the path
- Drag and drop the file.
With the finder open, select the file and open with a text editor. Ensure the file reads as follows:
* Copyright (c) 2002-2008, Sebastian Bergmann <email@example.com>.
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
* the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* * Neither the name of Sebastian Bergmann nor the names of his
* contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
* from this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
* "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
* FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
* COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
* INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,
* BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
* LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
* CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRIC
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN
* ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
* POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
* $Id: pear-phpunit 2805 2008-04-14 16:52:19Z sb $
Now rename your file to phpunit (if you already have a copy of phpunit installed, rename the file to phpunit-mamp so you know which one to use). In terminal:
sudo mv /usr/local/bin/phpunit-pear /usr/local/bin/phpunit
Now you can run tests from within MAMP by simply typing phpunit into terminal.